Visit our Digital Open House!
Sign up for our live Open House Webinar on April 20-22, 2021 or take a Digital Tour of the school anytime.
At the Webinar you'll be able so sign up for individual programmes and meet teachers and students from those programmes. We'll also have a live Q&A towards the end of the session!
Natural Science with Specialisation Natural Science
The Natural Science Programme with specialisation Natural Science at IEGS is an exciting and diverse pre-university program that prepares students for university studies in the natural sciences. It is particularly suited to students who excel at Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.
Students are also able to include a variety of electives within their programme of study including: Ecology, Environmental Studies, Biotechnology, Psychology as well as Art, Drama, Creative Writing, Journalism and other electives that the school provides each year.
This programme seeks to develop the abilities of students to research, analyse, and communicate within the context of a wider awareness of the natural sciences and its interaction with other scholarly disciplines. The goals of the programme are to:
- acquaint students with the principal concepts and practices in the natural science disciplines
- help students develop an understanding of the scientific method and objectives of current natural science research
- develop the language skills of the students so that they can communicate at an appropriate level generally, and specifically, in the vocabulary of the natural sciences
- equip the students with the capacity to establish relationships between the principal elements and concepts of the natural science disciplines
- help students integrate the disciplinary knowledge into a coherent framework.
University / Careers
Graduating from IEGS with the Natural Science Programme will give you the skills to pursue university studies in Sweden or abroad in the natural sciences, humanities, business, law, economics and the arts. If you are looking for a career in medicine, veterinary science, dentistry, engineering, biology, chemistry, biotechnology, business, criminology, international development, education, law, psychology, among many others, this is the kind of programme you should be considering.
Highly Qualified Staff
The faculty who teach science are highly qualified from world-renowned universities such as Oxford, UCL, Harvard, Uppsala University, UEA, Sheffield, KTH and Karolinska Institutet. Many have experience teaching at university level or working in industry.
The department has a tradition of success and has established an excellent reputation among Sweden’s top university science departments.
Over the years students studying the Natural Science Programme at IEGS have been specifically selected by the Karolinska Summer Research Program to participate in their summer school.